The DC Center for Rational Prescribing is a joint project of the DC Department of Health, the George Washington University Milken Institute School of Public Health, and PharmedOut. Together, we are creating pharma-free Continuing Medical Education (CME) that are available free for DC health care professionals and at minimal cost for health care professionals outside of DC.
Our nine CME modules are:
- Industry Influence on the Practice of Medicine Released June 2017
- Taking a Sexual History to Reduce HIV Risk
- What You Need to Know about PrEP
- Myths and Facts about Opioids
- Getting Patients Off of Opioids
- Rational Prescribing for Older Adults
- Medical Cannabis: An Introduction to the Biochemistry & Pharmacology
- Medical Cannabis: Evidence on Efficacy
- Medical Cannabis: Adverse Effects and Drug Interactions
- Drug Approval and Promotion in the United States
- Generic Drugs: Myth and Facts
Please visit doh.dc.gov/dcrx for CME and other resources on rational prescribing.