Missing the Target:
When Practitioners Harm More Than Heal
This year's two-day conference will focus on how patient harms may result from industry promotion. Click
for a recap of last year's successful conference on managing medical knowledge. Check back for conference updates!
June 14-15, 2012
Georgetown University, Washington, DC.
Flyers for download (pdf):
Conference Program (pdf):
- Rita Redberg, MD, Editor-in-chief, Archives of Internal Med
- Carl Elliott, MD, PhD, Author, White Coat, Black Hat
- Kay Dickersin, PhD, Johns Hopkins University
- Susan Wood, PhD, George Washington University
- Sean Flynn, JD, American University
- Joel Lexchin, MD, York University
- Barbara Mintzes, Therapeutics Initiative
- "The Underuse of Classic Drugs"
- "Are Medical Devices and Drugs Adequately Regulated?"
- "Protecting Patients in Industry-Funded Trials"
- "Risks of Cardiovascular Devices"
- "Cancer Risks from CT Scans"
- "Pharmaceutical Marketing and Adverse Health Outcomes"