Pharma Knows Best?
Managing Medical Knowledge
NEW! DVDs for PharmedOut's 2011 conference are now available. Quantities are limited, so order yours today!
Pharma Knows Best? Managing Medical Knowledge
June 16-17, 2011
Georgetown University, Washington, DC.
Day 1 Panelists/Speakers:
- Nicolas Rasmussen, PhD, MPH, University of New South Wales, “The History of Academic-Industry Research Relationships”
- Donald Light, PhD, MS, UMDNJ and Stanford University, “Managing Medical Knowledge in a Market for ‘Lemons’”;
- Marcia Angell, MD, Harvard Medical School, and Virginia Barbour, MD, PLoS Medicine, “Industry Relationships with Medical Journals”
- Alastair Matheson, PhD, MSc, Toronto, Canada, “Publication Planning and Ghostwriting”
- Peter Brodhead, CME Director, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, “How to Do Pharma-Free CME”
- Steve Willis, MD, Arnold Relman, MD, Joel Lexchin, MD, MSc, and Gordon Schiff, MD, “Medical Education”
Day 2 Panelists/Speakers:
- Jeff Chester, MSW, Center for Digital Democracy, “Disease Awareness Sites and Social Media”
- Jesse Polansky, MD, MPH, Baltimore, MD, “Framingham Cardiac Risk Calculation – A Case Study in Commercialization of the Digital Landscape”
- Adriane Fugh-Berman, MD, Georgetown University Medical Center, “Adherence and Compliance Programs, E-Sampling, and Other Marketing Platforms”
- Elissa Ladd, PhD, RN, FNP-BC, MGH Institute of Health Professions, “Universal Influence: An Analysis of the Data from the Massachusetts Gift-Ban Legislation”
- Mark Helm, MD, MBA, Helm Benefit Design, “Pharmaceutical Benefits Managers”
- Douglas Melnick, MD, MPH, Los Angeles, CA, “Targeting Physicians Through Medical Science Liaisons
- Susan Chimonas, PhD, Institute on Medicine as a Profession, “What’s Happening at Academic Medical Centers?”
- Eric Campbell, PhD, Harvard Medical School, “Academic Scientists’ Relationships with Industry”
- Heather Pierce, JD, MPH, Science Policy and Regulatory Counsel, Association of American Medical Colleges, “Prevalence of Academic-Industry Industry-Academic Research Partnerships: The AAMC View”
- Carl Elliott, MD, PhD, Center for Bioethics, University of Minnesota, School of Medicine, “Should Academic Medical Centers Perform Industry Research?”
- Edmund Pellegrino, MD, Kennedy Institute of Ethics, Georgetown University, Marcia Angell, MD, Harvard Medical School, and Curt Furberg, MD, PhD, Wake Forest University, “Should Academic Medical Centers Be Pharma- Free? Can Academic Medical Centers be Pharma-Free?“
- $250 for 1 day (3 Discs) / $450 for full set (6 Discs)
- To pay by check, send checks payable to Georgetown University, to:
PharmedOut, Department of Pharmacology and
Physiology, Georgetown University Medical Center
3900 Reservoir Rd. N.W.
Med-Dent SE 402
Washington D.C. 20057
- To pay by credit card, visit our ordering system
A unique CME conference, “Pharma Knows Best? Managing Medical Knowledge,” was held June 16-17, 2011 at Georgetown University. Topics covered at the conference included ghostwriting and medical journals; academic-industry-relationships; disease awareness sites and social media, pharmaceutical benefits managers, targeting physicians through medical science liaisons, the role of the FDA in direct-to-consumer marketing of pharmaceuticals; and an analysis of the data from the Massachusetts gift-ban legislation.
Click for Conference Program